Monday, December 11, 2017

Assignment #8: Rotoscope Animation


In the beginning stages of this assignment, I faced many stylistic challenges and got frustrated, wanting to just give up or put as little effort into it as I could get away with.
But once I just stopped overthinking and just drew, this is what I came up with. My mind kept going on and on, literally making up ideas as I drew them.
This was originally my own short film I made last year, and I was already proud of that. But filming on a college campus with minimal props and settings, I was somewhat limited. Getting to literally draw whatever I wanted to with the same film I already shot was something special; I created an entirely new film with its own new and unique meaning, which is what matters to me in my art.
I enjoyed this project and I enjoyed the end result.

Here's the original short film, FLOAT: https://youtu.be/o-UMHmIsMPk

1 comment: